Thursday, February 19, 2009

Diaper Demands!

Okay, I've got a few demands for the diaper companies. Here they are:

1. They should be 100% leak-proof. Not, "less leaks than other leading brands". I'm talking 100%, all or nothing no leaks. We pay enough for these things, it's the least they can do.

2. They should be impossible for anyone under the age of 4 to remove.

3. They should be able to hold equavilant to the weight of the child wearing them. This is not so I don't have to change them all day long, but simply so that kids with bladders that could hold the Gulf of Mexico, like Lola, don't need clean sheets every single morning.

4. When the above rules become impossible to meet, the child should automatically be potty trained by the diapers, not the mom. I don't know if this would involve microchips....

Couldn't we find a way to make them biodegradeable? I'm not super-green or anything, but I know how many of these things I throw out each week, seems like we could make them a little more useful. Now please, no comments about how I should use cloth diapers. It doesn't work for us, believe me, I've tried. We are almost done with diapers. Lola uses the potty from time to time but even when she's trained in the day, who knows how long it will take to get her to wake up at night for the potty.

Ah, motherhood.

1 comment:

  1. Just a thought. When Hannah was having the same problem with wet sheets every morning, we switched to the overnight pull ups, or Good Nites. They hold alot more than the average diaper. Maybe a little more cost but worth not having to change sheets every morning. Chris

    ReplyDelete

Please remember that others might see your comment, so keep your language out of the gutter.