Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Working hard to be healthy...

Yes, it's true, I'm really working at being healthy. Everyone knows I LOVE LOVE LOVE food, and that sometimes I don't have an "off-switch" when it comes to eating. So I'm working hard at making healthy choices -- dried fruit instead of crackers or sweets -- and portion control -- NO SECONDS!!! I also decided to try that new Coke Zero, since I love Coke and need the caffeine once in awhile but not the calories. It isn't bad, I mean I know it isn't the real thing, but it isn't bad.

When I told my hubby about this new committment to taking care of myself he was on board. We went to the store and bought a new Wii fitness program. This one is Jillian Michaels, the super tough trainer from The Biggest Loser. It's tough, but I've done 30 minutes two days in a row. I know it doesn't sound like much, but it is. I even got up at 6am today, that's a big deal to me when I feel like I don't get enough sleep as it is. Of course my calves, thighs and butt are killing me!!! Maybe I should have him take a picture of me now so I'll have something to compare against when I get to my target weight....I could do a cool scrapbook layout...hmmm.

Thanks for all the support I've gotten so far and for all the support I know everyone will give me when things get tough to stick with. I'll try to post some free papers on Friday, so keep watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that others might see your comment, so keep your language out of the gutter.