Tuesday, May 26, 2009

And now for number two!


Here is the tree I made for Sis' album. I decided not to mirror the tree painting, so it gave it an off-center look, but I think I like it. Nothing wrong with doing things differently from time to time. I am planning to make a third layout for myself as well. I feel like I'm getting the hang of this.

Here are the best tips I can give for making a tree like this:
1. Decide how many generations you want to show.
2. Layout 1 side of the "tree" with all the generations you want and the connectors, then you can copy/paste it onto the other side & mirror it.
3. Go back and put in shadows if desired, if you do this before you copy/paste/mirror, you will have shadows going two different ways.
I will try to create a tree template -- or would it be a quick page?? -- to post for free. I'll get it uploaded soon, promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that others might see your comment, so keep your language out of the gutter.