Monday, August 31, 2009

Gotta make better choices!

Okay, as some of you know, I've been on a weight loss program since the first part of July. In the month of July I lost 14.5 pounds. That's great but this month I've only lost about 3. I'm finally able to exercise more now that I'm back on my 14 hour a week schedule at work, so I feel I should eat more than I did when I wasn't able to exercise on a regular basis. In July I was eating 1000 calories a day. I know from past nutrition classes that a woman who is exercising on a regular basis -- i.e. three 30 minute sessions a week -- should eat at least 1200 to 1400 calories a day. I've been trying to do that. I'd like to say that the tiny increase in calories is why I'm not losing weight, but the truth is, I've been lazy. It's too easy to splurge from time to time. Last night my hubby grilled burgers, brats and low-fat turkey hot dogs. I chose to eat a pineapple brat, tater tots AND a hot dog. I'm just asking for a plattue in my weight loss.
So anyway, I'm gonna try to do better. That means writing my calories down for the day. During July I was religious about it and I've skipped writing down most of August. I also need to remember that I am making progress. I'm back into my favorite pairs of jeans, I went from the 3rd hole on my belt to the 1st, I went from XL shirts to L, and on the Wii my weight went from obese to overweight. If I can find my tape measure I'll check and see if I've lost any inches. Maybe I'll post a chart showing my progress....thanks for all the support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please remember that others might see your comment, so keep your language out of the gutter.